Wednesday 7 October 2020

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME (9) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME

EXERCISE 20. Review of time clauses and IF-clauses.

Directions: Complete the sentences by using a form of the words in parentheses. Read carefully for time expressions.

1

a

Before Tom (go) ________ goes _____ to bed, he always (brush) ____________ his teeth.

b

Before Tom (go) ______________ to bed later tonight, he (e-mail) ______________ his girlfriend.

c

Before Tom (go) ______________ to bed last night, he (take) ______________ a shower.

d

While Tom (take) ______________ a shower last night, the phone (ring) ______________.

e

As soon as the phone (ring) ______________ last night, Tom (jump) ______________ out of the shower to answer it.

f

As soon as Tom (get) ______________ up tomorrow morning, he (brush) ______________ his teeth.

g

Tom always (brush) ______________ his teeth as soon as he (get) ______________ up.

2

a

After I (get) ______________ home from work every afternoon, I usually (drink) ______________ a cup of tea.

b

After I (get) ______________ home from work tomorrow afternoon, I (drink) ______________ a cup of tea.

c

I (have, not) ______________ any tea until I (get) ______________ home from work tomorrow.

d

After I (get) ______________ home from work yesterday, I (drink) ______________ a cup of tea.

e

While I (drink) ______________ a cup of tea yesterday afternoon, my neighbor (come) ______________ over, so I (offer) ______________ her a cup of tea too.

f

My neighbor (drop, probably) ______________ over again tomorrow. If she (come) ______________ 1 (make) ______________ a cup of tea for her.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments