Wednesday 7 October 2020

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME (8) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME

 

EXERCISE 16. Future time clauses and IF-clauses.

Directions: Use the given verbs to complete the sentences. Give a future meaning to the sentences.

1

take/ read

I ____ ‘ll read ______ the textbook before I ____ take ____ the final exam next month.

2

return/ call

Mr. Lee _____________ his wife as soon as he _____________ to the hotel tonight.

3

come/ be, not

I _____________ home tomorrow when the painters _____________ to paint my apartment. Someone else will have to let them in.

4

prepare/ go

Before I _____________ to my job interview tomorrow, I _____________ a list of questions I want to ask about the company.

5

visit/ take

When Sandra _____________ us this coming weekend, we _____________ her to our favorite seafood restaurant.

6

stay/ call

I _____________ by the phone until Rosa _____________.*

7

miss/ come, not

If Adam _____________ to work tomorrow morning, he _____________  a very important meeting.

8

get/ be/ eat

If Barbara _____________ home on time tonight, we _____________ dinner at 6:30. If she _____________  late, dinner _____________ late.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments