Thursday 8 October 2020

CHAPTER 4. THE PRESENT PERFECT AND THE PAST PERFECT (23) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

                    FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 4. THE PRESENT PERFECT AND THE PAST PERFECT

.

EXERCISE 38. Present perfect, past progressive, and past perfect.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the words in parentheses. Use the present perfect, past progressive, or past perfect.

1

When I went to bed, I turned on the radio. While I (sleep) ______ was sleeping _______ somebody turned it off.

2

You're from Jakarta? I (be, never) _____________ there. I’d like to go there someday

3

I started to tell Rodney the news, but he stopped me. He (hear, already) _____________ it.

4

When Gina went to bed, it was snowing. It (snow, still) _____________ when she woke up in the morning.

5

Rita called me on the phone to tell me the good news. She (pass) _____________ her final exam in English

6

I couldn't think. The people around me (make) _____________ too much noise. Finally, I gave up and left to try to find a quiet place to work.

7

Are you still waiting for David? (he, come, not) _____________ yet? He's really late, isn't he

8

Otto's back to work today, but was in the hospital last week. He (be, never) _____________ a patient in a hospital before. It was a new experience for him.

9

A couple of weeks ago Mr. Fox, our office manager, surprised all of us. When he walked into the office, he (wear) _____________ a T-shirt and jeans. Everyone stopped and stared. Mr. Fox is a conservative dresser. Before that time, he (wear, never) _____________ anything but a blue or gray suit. And he (wear, not) _____________ his jeans to the office since that time. He wore them only that one time.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments