Wednesday 7 October 2020

CHAPTER 4. THE PRESENT PERFECT AND THE PAST PERFECT (6) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 4. THE PRESENT PERFECT AND THE PAST PERFECT

 

EXERCISE 7. Simple past vs. present perfect.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the words in parentheses. Use the present perfect or the simple past.

1

A. Have you ever been in Europe?

B: Yes, I ____ have ____. I (be) ______ have been ____ in Europe several times. In fact, 1(be) _____ was _____ in Europe last year.

2

A: Are you going to finish your work before you go to bed?

B: I (finish, already*) ____ have already finished ________ it. I (finish) ____ finished ____ my work two hours ago.

3

A: Have you ever eaten at Al's Steak House?

B: Yes, I _____________. I (eat) ____________ there many times. In fact, my wife and I (eat) ____________ there last night.

4

A: Do you and Erica want to go to the movie at the Palace Theater with us tonight?

B: No thanks. We (see, already) ____________ it. We (see) ____________ it last week.

5

A: When are you going to write your report for Mr. Goldberg?

B: I (write, already) ____________ it. I (write) ____________ it two days ago and gave it to him.

6

A: (Antonio, have, ever) ____________ a job?

B: Yes, he ____________. He (have) ____________ lots of part-time jobs. Last summer he (have) ____________ a job at his uncle's waterbed store.

7

A: This is a good book. Would you like to read it when I'm finished?

B: Thanks, but I (read, already) ____________ it. I (read) ____________ it a couple of months ago.

8

A: What European countries (you, visit) ____________?

B: I (visit) ____________ Hungary, Germany, and Switzerland. I (visit) ____________ Hungary in 1998. 1 (be) ____________ in Germany and Switzerland in 2001.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments