Monday 5 October 2020

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME (23) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME

EXERCISE22. Review: present verbs.

Directions: Complete the sentences by using the words in parentheses. Use the simple present or the present progressive. Supply the short answer to a question if necessary.

1

A: My sister (have) ____has____ a new car. She bought it last month.

B: (you, have) ___ Do you have _____ a car?

A: No, I ____don’t _____. Do you? * ,

B: No, but I have a ten-speed bike.

2

A: Where are the children?

B: In the living room.

A: What are they doing? (they, watch) ___________ TV?

B: No, they ___________. They (play) ___________ a game.

3

A. Shhh. I (hear) ___________ a noise. (you,  hear) ___________ it, too?

B: Yes, I ___________. I wonder what it is.

4

A: Johnny, (you, listen) ___________ to me?

B: Of course I am, Mom. You (want) ___________ me to take out the garbage. Right?

A: Right! And right now!

5

A: Knock, knock! Anybody home? Hey, Bill! Hi! It's me. I'm here with Tom. Where are you?

B: I (be) ___________ in the bedroom.

A: What (you, do) ___________?

B: I (try) ___________ to sleep!

A: Oh. Sorry. I won't bother you. Tom, shhh. Bill (rest) ___________.

6

A: What (you, think) ___________ about at night before you fall asleep?

B: I (think) ___________ about all of the pleasant things that happened during the day. I (think, not) ___________ about my problems.

7

A: A penny for your thoughts.

B: Huh?

A: What (you, think) ___________ about right now?

B: I (think) ___________ about English grammar. I (think, not) ___________ about anything else right now.

A: I (believe, not) ___________ you!

8

A: (you, see) ___________ that man over there?

B: Which man? The man in the brown jacket?

A: No, I (talk) ___________ about the man who (wear) ___________ the blue shirt.

B: Oh, that man.

A: (you, know) ___________ him?

B: No, I (think, not) ___________ so.

9

A: (you, know) ___________ any tongue-twisters?

B: Yes, I ___________. Here's one: She sells seashells down by the seashore.

'A: That (be) ___________ hard to say! Can you say this: Sharon wears Sue's shoes to zoos to look at cheap sheep?

B: That (make, not) ___________ any sense.

A: I (know) ___________.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments