Saturday 3 October 2020

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME (2) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR WORKBOOK

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

WORKBOOK

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME

PRACTICE3-GUIDED STLIDY Present verbs. (Charts1-1 -+ 1-3)

Directions: All of the following sentences contain mistakes. Find the mistakes and rewrite each sentence correctly.

Example:

I no like cold weather.  I don't like cold weather.

1

I no living at home right now.

2

I be living in this city.

3

Student at this school.

4

I am study English.

5

I am not knowing my teacher's name.

6

(supply name) teach our English class.

7

She/He* expect us to be in class on time.

8

We always are coming to class on time.

9

Tom does he going to school?

10

Tom no go to school.

11

My sister don't have a job.

12

Does Sara has a job?

13

Does you have a job?

14

Is Canada does it be north of the United States?

15

I never to go to my office on Saturday.

16

Ahmed, Toshi, Ji, Ingrid, and Pedro eats lunch together every day.

PRACTICE4-SELFSTUDY Present verbs. (Charts1-1 -+ 1-3)

Directions: Use the given verb to complete the sentence that follows. Use the SIMPLE PRESENT or the PRESENTPROGRESSIVE.

1

sit

I _____am sitting_______ at my desk right now.

2

read

I _________________ the second sentence in this exercise.

3

look

I _________________ at sentence 3 now.

4

write

Now I _________________ the right completion for this sentence.

5

do

I _________________ a grammar exercise.

6

sit

I usually _____sit______ at my desk when I do my homework. And right now I ____am sitting___  at my desk to do this exercise.

7

read

I often _________________ the newspaper, but right now I _________________ a sentence in my grammar workbook.

8

look

I _________________ at the newspaper every day. But right now I _________________ at my grammar workbook.

9

write

When I do exercises in this workbook, I _________________ the answers in my book and then I check them in the Answer Key.* Right now I _________________ an answer in the book.

10

do

I _________________ grammar exercises every day. Right now I _________________ Practice 4 in this workbook.

ANSWER KEY

PRACTICE 3

1. I don’t live at home right now

2. I live in this city

3. I am a student at this school

4. I study English

5. I don’t know my teacher’s name

6. (Miss Smith) teaches our English class

7. She/He expects us to be in class on time

8. We always come to class on time

9. Does Tom go to school?

10. Tom doesn’t go to school

11. My sister doesn’t have a job

12 Does Sara have a job?

13. Do you have a job?

14. Is Canada in the north of the United States?

15. I never go to my office on Saturday.

16. Ahmed, Toshi, Ji, Ingrid and Pedro eat lunch together every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments